Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm so tired

I get cranky pretty fast nowadays, and my body is slowly giving out on me. Climbing 2 flights of stairs makes me winded. This is the price of working 36 hours straight with no sleep and only 2 meals during that time period. I'm relying heavily on espresso to keep me going. Driving home after a call shift is the worst.

Still, life on the floors is getting easier. And the more trauma codes I watch and participate in, the easier it gets. I've been using my limited made-up Spanish, too. No mueve senor -- un dedo en su anus!!

Alrite my eyeballs are getting better. I have yet another follow-up appointment this week, getting fitted for contact lenses.
The dog is continuing to be a learning experience. She's still painfully wary of Dan, but coming out of her shell a bit more. She's more vocal and physically affectionate now, which is nice. However she's still so nervous I think she's having trouble with her anal glands. That's a whole story I won't go into because it is more disgusting than entertaining.
And, I'm getting married June 2010 in Palos Verdes! People be on the lookout for save-the-dates -- when I finally get around to creating them.

1 comment:

Britta said...

Yes! A California wedding!